Wednesday 15 December 2010

Midweek Features 15/12/2010 - Sisterhood

Christmas is close and it makes me think about family – not just the people that share the same part of the gene pool with us, but also those that have become family.

Usually half of the features would be writing, but just this once there are only pictures – I will follow this up next week with an all writing feature. :-)

The image that started me off on this journey is my own picture and, again, just for once, I am featuring one of my own and I’ve paired it with a picture of a braid. Why? I hear you ask, well, because so much about sisters seems to be about hair. I can’t count the times I did my sisters’ hair. LOL

Sisters by © Sybille Sterk
Sisters by © Sybille Sterk

b r a i d . by © hilde wegner
b r a i d . by hilde wegner

And then there are the many ways we ‘make’ family. Remember your very best friend? The one you went through thick and thin with? And then there’s the family we inherit by marriage and the birth of a grand child. Sisterhood knows no age nor bounds…

East and West… by © Berns

East and West… by Berns


Two Grandmas by © lovelyrita
Two Grandmas by © lovelyrita


There are the things we do and the things we share that make us sisters too. Remember the secrets told and the experiences we shared?

Friendly Whispers by © iamelmana
Friendly Whispers by © iamelmana

Friendship by © autumnwind
Friendship by © autumnwind


And then there are the hobbies and traits we have in common be it a star sign (most apt, Gemini) or the things we do together.

Gemini by © Anna Shaw
Gemini by © Anna Shaw


Fan dancers by © Linda Sparks
Fan dancers by © Linda Sparks


The work we do every day and the love that keeps us together.


coming home by © fehmida haider
coming home by © fehmida haider


Sisters Love by © eoconnor
Sisters Love by © eoconnor

The naughty things that make us laugh and the secret places we’ve discovered…


OMG – I Can NOT Believe I Just Did That… by © Kallena Kucers
 OMG – I Can NOT Believe I Just Did That… by © Kallena Kucers

Melbourne’s Laneways & Alleys 7 by © Trish Woodford
Melbourne’s Laneways & Alleys 7 by © Trish Woodford

Add your favourite images of sisterhood. :-)

1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful. Congratulations to you all.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!